Too large for volume's format - macOS 10.12.4

stal...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 12:17:02 PM3/30/17
to OSXFUSE
Hi,

We're seeing a problem on macOS 10.12.4 on a FUSE filesystem when we attempt to copy a >4GB file with Finder to the filesystem.  We get the error:

The item "<filename>" can't be copied because it is too large for the volume's format

The weird thing is, we only see this on one 10.12.4 system.  We haven't been able to reproduce this yet on any other 10.12.4 systems.

Additionally, we see the same problem on that one system with SSHFS and FUSE for macOS 3.5.6.

Any ideas on why we're running into this error?

Thanks,
Scott

Sam Moffatt

Mar 31, 2017, 12:18:21 AM3/31/17
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you use cp or something from the CLI to copy the file? It could just be Finder being daft.

stal...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2017, 8:59:48 AM3/31/17
to OSXFUSE
It works fine from the command line.  This seems to be a Finder-only issue.

stal...@gmail.com

May 31, 2017, 4:47:44 PM5/31/17
to OSXFUSE
In case anyone else ever runs into this issue, it turned out to be a bug in Apple's coreservicesd which was exposed by having Adobe Creative Cloud running.  For more details, see this Github issue:
https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/issues/373

The only way to work around the problem (until Apple fixes it) is to a) stop running Adobe Creative Cloud or b) mount with "-o local".