Re: [OSXFUSE] Unmounting issues in v2.5.2

225 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

ivenhov

ongelezen,
10 okt 2012, 04:44:3410-10-2012
aan osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Benjamin

I will try to build it and test it.
Is it only
/Library/Filesystems/osxfusefs.fs/Support/osxfusefs.kext/Contents/MacOS/osxfusefs

that I would have to replace and then reboot?
I'm on Lion.

Daniel

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 1:56:57 AM UTC+1, Benjamin Fleischer wrote:
Hi Daniel,

The unmounting issue should be fixed in commit https://github.com/osxfuse/kext/commit/cd0621ceb510d80660879ccc90aa79f4f4db5e3c. I have not been able to reproduce any memory violation errors using OSXFUSE 2.5.2, though.

Regards,
Benjamin

Am 02.10.2012 um 10:16 schrieb ivenhov:

Hi

I'm experiencing unmounting problems with OSXFUSE 2.5.2 but not 2.5.1
In my tests volume gets mounted fine, then accessed and unmounted but with 2.5.2 unmount takes a long time and usually comes with memory violation error.
It seems that the volume is unmounted fine and still some extra work is done in the background.
The last thing I could see was getattr on / although that's probably irrelevant.

To unmount I'm using umount -f /Volumes/myvol command.

I think there were some changes between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 related to race condition in unmount?
Problem is very reproducible. I'm on Lion

Thanks
Daniel

ivenhov

ongelezen,
2 okt 2012, 04:16:2602-10-2012
aan osxfus...@googlegroups.com

Benjamin Fleischer

ongelezen,
6 okt 2012, 20:56:5106-10-2012
aan osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

The unmounting issue should be fixed in commit https://github.com/osxfuse/kext/commit/cd0621ceb510d80660879ccc90aa79f4f4db5e3c. I have not been able to reproduce any memory violation errors using OSXFUSE 2.5.2, though.

Regards,
Benjamin

Am 02.10.2012 um 10:16 schrieb ivenhov:

Benjamin Fleischer

ongelezen,
11 okt 2012, 02:16:3211-10-2012
aan osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Correct, all you need to do is build the kernel extension from the osxfuse-2 branch and put it in /Library/Filesystems/osxfusefs.fs/Support/. Then you need to make sure that it is owned by root:wheel otherwise OS X will refuse to load it.

Regards,
Benjamin
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden