mounting and caching only certain filetypes(filesizes)

Vasiliy Triandafilidi

Oct 26, 2015, 11:18:19 PM10/26/15
to OSXFUSE
Hi all,

 I want to mount external server folder on my laptop, but sync only small files and skip the long (Gb) files to save some space and time. What should I do?
I know the extension and size of the files of "undesired" files

Vasilii.

Master Luu

Jan 13, 2016, 3:30:42 AM1/13/16
to OSXFUSE
Hi.

I solved this problem successfully.
I have to mount a folder in Amazon S3 to my local PC. So, I code function fuse_operations.read myself. When this function was called, it finds this file in cache data. If cache hit, it will read data in cache and return for FUSE. If don't, it will download this file in Amazon S3.

You can view sample code with key word: s3fs.

Thank for reading.