Deadlock in fuse_session_loop_mt?

Peter Watkins

Feb 9, 2016, 7:47:17 PM2/9/16
to OSXFUSE
I'm writing an OS X FUSE filesystem. I started with the Hello example. Right now, I'm attempting to support directory creation. I've implemented several functions including getattr, readdir and mkdir. I noticed that when I attempt to create a directory on my filesystem, FUSE deadlocks. I see that mkdir is called and then getattr is called. Both seem to function normally. I've put breakpoints at the entry to each function in my fuse_operations structure. They never get called after the deadlock begins. I'm just using the release version of OS X FUSE. Here's my stack trace if I pause execution:

I realize I'm probably doing something wrong. However, should I be able to put FUSE in a deadlock like this? I this a problem in and of itself? I can slim down my filesystem into something that reproduces this condition and upload it (it's a little hard to follow as is).

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Watkins

Feb 10, 2016, 12:15:14 PM2/10/16
to OSXFUSE
Oops. Disregard this. Once I used Instruments to profile my code, I saw the "deadlock" wasn't with fuse--it was with my own code.