context pid

Jeff Schindler

Jan 8, 2017, 9:45:57 PM1/8/17
to OSXFUSE
We're using the new objc API [GMUserFileSystem currentContext] to check for the Finder being the current context on fuse open operations so that we can disable Finder previews.  There's a particular instance where the pid returned for this appears to be incorrect - after a double-click of a file in the Finder, the respective app attempts to open the file, but currentContext says the context is the Finder, not the application, resulting in an error in the application.  This happens in a very specific instance where the Finder window is in column mode and the double-clicked file is not already selected.  So it appears there's somehow confusion between the Finder trying to open the file to get a preview as a result of the new click, and the app trying to open the file.  Both "open" instances seem to return the Finder pid.  Not sure that there's another way we can validate the pid at that point - if anyone has insight, it's appreciated.