Using UFS with Fuse?

Lewis Butler

Jan 9, 2018, 4:01:07 PM1/9/18
to OSXFUSE
I've installed FUSE for macOS v3.7.1 and tried to attach an UTF disk (freebsd) but it doesn't mount and OS X (wer... macOS) wants to format it. I've googled all over about 30 times trying to find something one using FUSE with UFS but only found something from version 1.x which doesn't seem likely to help.

I assume I am missing something obvious/stupid❓

Sam Moffatt

Jan 9, 2018, 11:50:53 PM1/9/18
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think the OSXFUSE installs the sample filesystems out of the box. There is a UFS in the sample filesystems but you need to compile that from scratch. That’ll give you a binary that you can use to mount the UFS disk though it seems look like it wants a DMG at a cursory glance.

macOS will try to reformat anything it doesn’t immediately recognise, it’s friendly like that.