SSHFS in Macfusion: "Quit unexpectedly" and "Mount patch directory not writeable".

tsko

Feb 27, 2015, 4:56:59 AM2/27/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I am trying to mount a network attached storage using ssh on OS X 10.10.2

I am able to connect with terminal, using the command
ssh -p 12345 i...@servername.com
(12345 is exchanged with the real port)

Being very inexperienced with the terminal, I can only perform easy tasks, and would like a GUI.
I have installed SSHFS from https://github.com/osxfuse/sshfs/releases,
MacFusion from http://macfusionapp.org,
and OS X Fuse from http://osxfuse.github.io.

I then ran the commands recommended under 'Macfusion' here: https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/wiki/SSHFS#macfusion
cd /Applications/Macfusion.app/Contents/PlugIns/sshfs.mfplugin/Contents/Resources
mv sshfs-static sshfs-static.orig
ln -s /usr/local/bin/sshfs sshfs-static

So far, so good.
The owner of the NAS has supplied me with the following details: server name, port, username and password. In Macfusion, I add "SSHFS" and enter the details. Then, when I click 'mount', I get the following message: "The Macfusion Agent has quit unexpectedly." When I choose "Restart Agent" and try mounting again, I get this message: "Could not mount filesystem: Mount path directory not writeable".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam Moffatt

Feb 27, 2015, 10:49:15 AM2/27/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Realistically the next debugging step is to run the command and see what happens. What happens if you use the sshfs CLI directly?

Something like this would work:

mkdir /tmp/sshfs
/usr/local/bin/sshfs i...@servername.com:/path/on/host /tmp/sshfs -p 12345 -f

-f means foreground which will keep it active in the terminal and make it obvious what errors you are seeing.

Cheers,

Sam

tsko

Mar 2, 2015, 6:36:56 AM3/2/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou for the response.

I get:

-bash: /usr/local/bin/sshfs: No such file or directory

ho...@archiware.com

Apr 25, 2015, 4:11:40 AM4/25/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com

You can use the free version of WingFS for ssh (sftp) mounts. It does not only mount ssh(sftp) but many other services.

DFA

Aug 19, 2015, 12:10:55 PM8/19/15
to OSXFUSE
Hi.  I am also having trouble getting MacFusion to connect to a volume. (OS 10.10.)

I have properly installed and activated FUSE for OS X and also run the script under the Macfusion section on this page (https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/wiki/SSHFS) to make Macfusion work with the newer "FUSE for OS X".

I can connect to my server and "mount" the volume using this terminal command:
sshfs user...@servername.com:/home/username/volume ~/mount -ovolname=VOLUME
then entering user password.

I cannot, however, get MacFusion to mount the same volume (or any other) viia either SSH or SFTP.  These are the settings I'm using for SSH:

I am also unable to delete any of the connection settings in Macfusion i've created - it simply freezes after clicking "ok".

Can anyone advise me on what to do or try further?

I can connect to the desired volume with SFTP using WingFS. The problem with that, however is that it changes the modification dates in the remote volume file's end whenever file is uploaded. I need the modification dates to remain the same to allow folder content syncing when mounted.

Can anyone advise me on what to do or try further?

Thank you very much!