Debugging rc=1 errors

Patrick Gibson

Sep 15, 2015, 4:53:31 PM9/15/15
to OSXFUSE
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide pointers as to how to appropriately debug "Internal fuse error (rc=1)". I have a custom filesystem which I'm trying to port from NuFS to OSXFUSE and it seems to working well, except up until actual mounting (a directory node is created, but nothing mounted over it).

I'm using OSXFUSE 2.8.0 on 10.11 (15A282b).

Thanks!
Patrick

Benjamin Fleischer

Sep 17, 2015, 7:13:50 PM9/17/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick,

Are you sure this error message is generated by osxfuse? I looked  though the osxfuse code but I cannot seem to find the message anywhere.

Regards,
Benjamin

swathik

Oct 30, 2015, 6:49:20 PM10/30/15
to OSXFUSE
I'm using OSXFuse 2.8.0 on OSX 10.11. Sometimes osxfuse fail to mount with following error.

Error Domain=GMUserFileSystemErrorDomain Code=1003 "Internal fuse error (rc=1) while attempting to mount the file system. For now, the best way to diagnose is to look for error messages using Console." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Internal fuse error (rc=1) while attempting to mount the file system. For now, the best way to diagnose is to look for error messages using Console.}

How can we debug such errors ? Is there a way to enable debug logging for OSXFuse.