Best way to check installed version

Message has been deleted

tagnal

Apr 10, 2015, 9:11:44 PM4/10/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Programmatically, what is the recommended way to determine if OSXFuse is installed and its current version?  (Objective-C preferred)  I am using a library that requires OSXFuse and am not actually calling anything directly from the fuse api.

Things I currently look for are:
a)  "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/osxfuse.pc"
b)  The version number in the above file.  Although it displays 2.7.3 and the Preference Pane shows 2.7.2.
c)  If the OSXFUSE.prefPane is in "/Library/PreferencePanes/"

Is there a better way to check?

tagnal

Apr 10, 2015, 9:57:38 PM4/10/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
I also found where the System Preference Pane is grabbing the version number.  So, unless someone has a better way to tell, I'll grab it from:

"/Library/FileSystems/osxfusefs.fs/Contents/Info.plist"