Can I add Finder extension to my filesystem application that uses OSXFUSE?

陳維廷

Dec 6, 2016, 1:31:16 AM12/6/16
to OSXFUSE
Hi,
I want to add finder extension into my filesystem application that uses OSXFUSE ,like FinderSync extension. And  I tried to  add Contextual Menu Items to mounted path that is mounted by my filesystem  application, but it didn't work. Could you please give me some advice?

Henry

Den Davydov

Dec 6, 2016, 8:38:57 AM12/6/16
to OSXFUSE

Hi.

We are working on the same feature for our file system based on FUSE
We use Finder Sync extension in order to show sync progress for file/folders. Context menu in future.

You need to add finder sync extension into your app. Finder will start this extension as separate process.

Advise:

Ensure that your code for extensions initialization is called:

Usally it looks like (Swift):

class FinderSync: FIFinderSync {

override init() {

}
}

Also you need to tell finder about directories for which you want to apply extension:

FIFinderSyncController.default().directoryURLs = "/Users/MyUser/mountedfs"

Also you need override methods of FIFinderSync related with contextual menu.
override func menu(for menuKind: FIMenuKind) -> NSMenu

and others.

Extension documentation
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Conceptual/ExtensibilityPG/Finder.html

fleyi

Dec 7, 2016, 8:55:56 PM12/7/16
to OSXFUSE
Hi,Do you have any idea if I want to upload my app based on FUSE  to AppStore?
Now,before using my app, osxfuse.dmg should be installed. Apple doesn't allow app working in this way .
How could I combine OSXFUSE with my app.

thx

在 2016年12月6日星期二 UTC+8下午9:38:57,Den Davydov写道:

fleyi

Dec 7, 2016, 9:00:31 PM12/7/16
to OSXFUSE
I use findersync in my app,and it works.

FIFinderSyncController.default().directoryURLs = "/volumes/****"

1.運行之後重啟
2.在系統設置裏面 extension 內查看你的 findersync有沒有被開啟

在 2016年12月6日星期二 UTC+8下午2:31:16,陳維廷写道:

Den Davydov

Dec 8, 2016, 9:16:18 AM12/8/16
to OSXFUSE
About AppStore: No way. AppStore does not allow this.

About combine:
Create your own installer and put OSXFUSE into them. For creating installer you may use http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html
In order to silently install OSXFUSE  read this topic
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/osxfuse-group/rfNiamwPLMo

fleyi

Dec 8, 2016, 10:28:49 PM12/8/16
to OSXFUSE
thank you first.few days ago,I have given up uploading my app to AppStore.
But I find an APP named CloudMounter. In Console,it is likely that  CloudMounter uses osxfuse,and it can be download in AppStore.
I'm new to MacOS development.I have no idea how it works.
Can I combine OSXfuse's kernel extension with my app?

在 2016年12月8日星期四 UTC+8下午10:16:18,Den Davydov写道:

陳維廷

Dec 14, 2016, 4:30:10 AM12/14/16
to OSXFUSE
Hi,
請問您是怎麼啟動你的extension呢?
請問你是怎麼debug findersync extension的呢? 我implement extension完後不知怎麼看結果@@ 是需要用到pluginkit嗎?

fleyi於 2016年12月8日星期四 UTC+8上午10時00分31秒寫道:
Message has been deleted