how to build libfuse

Skip to the first unread message

ElvisCheng

27 Sept 2017, 5:15:56 am27/09/17
to OSXFUSE
hi all,
I want to build libfuse that c-based FUSE for mac OS SDK, I follow the instruction in the readme file, when I run "make -j8",it appear some errors like this:
In file included from fuse_kern_chan.c:19:
./fuse_darwin_private.h:17:10: fatal error: 'fuse_param.h' file not found
#include <fuse_param.h>
         ^
In file included from fuse_lowlevel.c:24:
./fuse_darwin_private.h:17:10: fatal error: 'fuse_param.h' file not found
#include <fuse_param.h>
         ^
In file included from fuse.c:28:
./fuse_darwin_private.h:17:10: fatal error: 'fuse_param.h' file not found
#include <fuse_param.h>
         ^
In file included from fuse_loop_mt.c:26:
./fuse_darwin_private.h:17:10: fatal error: 'fuse_param.h' file not found
#include <fuse_param.h>

In fact, I do not find the " <fuse_param.h>" file.
can you tell me how to build this?

Benjamin Fleischer

27 Sept 2017, 7:00:22 pm27/09/17
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elvis,

You need to clone the osxfuse repository and its submodules and use the osxfuse build script:

$ git clone --recursive -b support/osxfuse-3 git://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse.git osxfuse
$ cd osxfuse
$ ./build.sh -v 5 --build-directory=${HOME}/Desktop/build -t library

This will create a create a directory named "build“ on your Desktop. You can find the actual library in the following directory ${HOME}/Desktop/build/library/Source/lib/.libs/.

Regards,
Benjamin

Lee Binder

17 Aug 2019, 9:10:51 pm17/08/19
to OSXFUSE
Hello Benjamin. Am I right that as of now still libfuse v.2 will be compiled with above commands, not (yet) libfuse v.3 (which is needed to compile current SSHFS for macOS)?

Benjamin Fleischer

18 Aug 2019, 1:03:10 pm18/08/19
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

All versions of FUSE for macOS ship with libfuse 2. I've not yet had time to port libfuse 3 to run on macOS. I'm afraid, you need to use an old version of SSHFS for the time being.

Best regards,
Benjamin

Am 18.08.2019 um 03:10 schrieb Lee Binder <leebi...@gmail.com>:

Hello Benjamin. Am I right that as of now still libfuse v.2 will be compiled with above commands, not (yet) libfuse v.3 (which is needed to compile current SSHFS for macOS)?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted