Uninstalling OSXFUSE from the comandline

Barry....@primebase.org

Nov 14, 2017, 10:39:54 AM11/14/17
to OSXFUSE
Hi,

I have an app that uses OSXFUSE. The installer for my app checks to  see if OSXFUSE is already installed and if not asks the user if they want to install it. It will then install it for them by executing "open -W -a Installer FUSE.pkg", I ship the latest OSXFUSE package with my installer.

What I would like to do is to uninstall it if my app is uninstalled (after asking the user). Is there a way to uninstall OSXFUSE that can be performed from the command line? I need to do what ever the OSXFUSE control panel does when you click "Remove Fuse".

Barry....@primebase.org

Nov 14, 2017, 1:54:28 PM11/14/17
to OSXFUSE
I think I found my answer, I can use:
/Library/Filesystems/osxfuse.fs/Contents/Resources/uninstall_osxfuse.app

to uninstall it.

s...@nan.co.uk

Nov 15, 2017, 4:34:58 AM11/15/17
to OSXFUSE

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 3:39:54 PM UTC, Barry....@primebase.org wrote:

What I would like to do is to uninstall it if my app is uninstalled (after asking the user).

What if OSXFuse is also used by another app? I decided against doing this on the grounds that it was safer to leave it there.