Finder Fuse View Update

Radhika Sharma

Apr 18, 2013, 2:44:23 PM4/18/13
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
I am using OSFuse to display a folder in finder, when I add items to my fuse file system programatically, I am not able to reflect that change in my Finder View. I have tried force invoking contentsOfDirectory for the newly created item parent directory, Even tried the deprecated  api for NSWorkspace noteFileSystemChanged:, nothing seems to help.

Thanks

Radhika Sharma

Apr 18, 2013, 3:14:26 PM4/18/13
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Also want to add the using the "auto_cache" option. is also not helping.

arritje nof

Feb 24, 2014, 11:00:13 AM2/24/14
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps not exacty OSXFuse-related persee, but have you tried interacting with Finder.app using the ScriptingBridge already?

You can dump the interface declaration of applications that implement SB-support using the sdef|sdp commands like so;

$ > sdef /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app | sdp -fh --basename finder

This dumps the scripting interface of Finder.app in the current directory, in the file <basename>.h which in this case would be finder.h.
In this interface you'll find that several objects implement
- (void) updateNecessity:(BOOL)necessity registeringApplications:(BOOL)registeringApplications;
..which is used for updating the current view of the relevant object.

arritje nof

Feb 24, 2014, 11:00:58 AM2/24/14
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com