Ext on MacOS Sierra

Bethany Carlton

Apr 16, 2017, 9:52:02 AM4/16/17
to OSXFUSE
Hi,

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find anything on the subject.
I have installed OSXFUSE and SSHFS (both latest versions), and rebooted my iMac.
However, I still cannot read my Linux disk. The Finder tells me to either IGNORE, EJECT or FORMAT the disk.
How does this work? Isn't it supposed to be straightforward?

Any help is welcome. Thank you 😊

Sam Moffatt

Apr 16, 2017, 1:23:05 PM4/16/17
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

OSXFUSE is just the library to enable user space file systems one of which is SSHFS which allows you to mount an SSH server as a file system. In your case you're going to need to find a Mac version you probably want to follow this wiki page though it looks a little dated:   https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/wiki/Ext

As an aside, OSXFUSE isn't going to prevent Finder being annoying and wanting to reformat a disk it doesn't recognise.

Cheers,

Sam

--
Sam Moffatt

Note: I'm not at my desk, responses may be delayed. Apologies for the typos, smartphones aren't all that smart.

Stephen S. Nabet

Apr 17, 2017, 4:41:26 AM4/17/17
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the info.
It's still not working though.  😫
Cheers,

Sent from my 9.7-inch iPad Pro

Chris Cleeland

Jul 5, 2017, 8:43:13 PM7/5/17
to OSXFUSE

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 12:23:05 PM UTC-5, Samuel Moffatt wrote:
As an aside, OSXFUSE isn't going to prevent Finder being annoying and wanting to reformat a disk it doesn't recognise.

Has anybody tried hooking fuse up with the diskutil framework so that filesystem might be auto-detected and mounted?

I'm interested in making this happen for MTP filesystem.