How to mount linux ext-4 drive in Mac with proper permission?

Bikash Jaisi

Oct 12, 2015, 5:43:43 PM10/12/15
to OSXFUSE

I need to mount ext-4 linux drive from one of the servers in my mac. I tried using Fuse for OS X and SSHFS for this purpose. I was able to successfully mount but having issues with the files created by tomcat. Users outside of tomcat group is unable to access these files. I already added myself to tomcat group and I can access those files if I log on to the remote box but not from mounted drive locally. I keep getting "permission denied" all the time. The only workaround at the moment is to go to the remote box every time and open the access to individual files accessible by all the users.

-rw-rw---- 1 tomcat tomcat   66438 Sep 17 08:55 perf.log

Seems like user information is not getting resolved properly. Is there anything specific steps I need to perform to fix it? Is this the right place to ask for help on this issue? I can provide further details if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Bikash

Sam Moffatt

Oct 12, 2015, 7:46:03 PM10/12/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Check out the allow_other option:

Cheers,

Sam

Bikash Jaisi

Oct 23, 2015, 6:44:15 PM10/23/15
to OSXFUSE
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply! It helped but didn't resolve the problem exactly. I had to add uid as well to make it work:

sshfs -o idmap=user bikash@testserv:/opt/apps/globalpayments /Users/bikash/Documents/mountdrive/ -oreconnect,allow_other -o uid=1172059119

Thank you once again!

Thanks,

Bikash Jaisi