Are there any examples of using fuse_lowlevel_notify_inval_entry() in OSXFUSE?

barry....@primebase.org

Feb 7, 2017, 9:40:53 PM2/7/17
to OSXFUSE
Hi,

I need to notify fuse that an underlying file has changed so I need to use :
 fuse_lowlevel_notify_inval_entry(struct fuse_chan *ch, fuse_ino_t parent, const char *name, size_t namelen)

but I am not sure about some of the parameters.

Where do I get the 'fuse_chan' and what 'fuse_ino_t' is  expected, is the st_ino in struct stat I passed back in the getattr()?

Any help here would be helpful.

barry....@primebase.org

Feb 8, 2017, 11:56:56 AM2/8/17
to OSXFUSE
To partial answer myself for the benefit of anybody else reading this:

It looks like you cannot mix high level API calls with low level API calls, so if I want to use
fuse_lowlevel_notify_inval_entry() then I need to implement the low level API and not the high level API.

Mixing high level and low level APIs: