osxfuse, fuse4x and homebrew

Fred van Dijk

Feb 19, 2014, 5:48:35 AM2/19/14
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to get s3fs running on OS X, but I'm runing into fuse version issues.  compiling s3fs with fuse4x should work using Homebrew because it is based on fuse 2.8.X, but the fuse4x website mentions the fuse4x project will be moved/merged into osxfuse and that's the fuse driver to use on os x.  On homebrew fuse4x and osxfuse conflict, you can only install one of them at the same time.

According to a message over a year ago osxfuse 3 development has started will be based on fuse 2.8>, but there's no activity on github. so what's the most current project for installing fuse on OS X? Should I stick with osxfuse and wait or switch back to fuse4x?

cheers,

Fred.