Trouble with setvolname

jdun...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 3:53:08 PM3/9/16
to OSXFUSE
I'm new to OSXFUSE development, so if this is the wrong forum for this question I'd be grateful for a gentle redirection.

My filesystem seems to work well for most operations, though I can't seem to get setvolname to work.  I should first validate that this routine is supposed to allow one to modify the volume's name through the Finder, for example by clicking on the volume title or through the Get Info dialog.  Is that correct?  If so, that's what I want to allow users to do, but the volume name is never editable.

In my fuse_operations struct I have:

    .setvolname = rt_setvolname,

In the .init code, I have the following:

    FUSE_ENABLE_SETVOLNAME (conn);

This appears to be setting correctly as I see the following in the debug output:

unique: 0, opcode: INIT (26), nodeid: 0, insize: 56
INIT: 7.8
flags=0x00000000
max_readahead=0x00100000
   INIT: 7.8
   flags=0x40000000
   max_readahead=0x00100000
   max_write=0x01000000
   unique: 0, error: 0 (Unknown error: 0), outsize: 40
unique: 0, opcode: STATFS (17), nodeid: 1, insize: 40

My setting routine is never called and the user is unable to modify the name from the Finder.  Have I missed something or doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John

Benjamin Fleischer

Mar 9, 2016, 4:45:25 PM3/9/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
The setvolume callback has existed since the MacFUSE days but the kernel part has never been enabled. I’m not sure as to the reasons why. That’s why you cannot modify a FUSE volume’s name in Finder.

Regards,
Benjamin

John Dundas III

Mar 9, 2016, 7:24:29 PM3/9/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Benjamin,

Thank you for the clarification.  Do you know if that is the case for FUSE_ENABLE_CASE_INSENSITIVE as well?

Thanks,

John

Benjamin Fleischer

Mar 10, 2016, 2:39:38 AM3/10/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
FUSE_ENABLE_CASE_INSENSITIVE should work.

Regards,
Benjamin

John Dundas III

Mar 10, 2016, 1:50:39 PM3/10/16