Panic in Snow Leopard

Hlaing Min

May 30, 2012, 3:43:47 AM5/30/12
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm testing the LoopbackFS ObjC example file system with OSXFUSE 2.4.0 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8). I got a few kernel panics when i opened a XCode project and tried to compile it in the loopback file system.

Please see the file attached if you can reproduce the same problem. Please let me know anything that i can try.

Best Regards,
Hlaing Min
Kernel_2012-05-30-151722_Hlaing-Mins-iMac.panic

Benjamin Fleischer

May 30, 2012, 5:19:14 AM5/30/12
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you very much for your bug report! This bug has existed since the first version of OSXUFSE and is related to the locking code that makes the kernel extension thread-safe. The solution should be relatively simple: unlock biglock before calling ubc_setsize. I'm afraid there is nothing you can try to fox this besides updating to OSXFUSE 2.4.1, once it is available.

For everyone interested, here is the symbolicated stack trace:

panic
fusefs_recursive_lock_lock
fuse_biglock_vnop_pagein
VNOP_PAGEIN
vnode_pagein
vnode_pager_cluster_read
vnode_pager_data_request
vm_fault_page
vm_object_update
memory_object_lock_request
ubc_setsize
fuse_vnop_setattr
fuse_biglock_vnop_setattr
VNOP_SETATTR
vnode_setattr
vnode_setsize
open1
open_nocancel
unix_syscall64
lo64_unix_scall

Regards,
Benjamin

<Kernel_2012-05-30-151722_Hlaing-Mins-iMac.panic>

Hlaing Min

May 30, 2012, 6:10:28 AM5/30/12
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benjamin,

I appreciate for your prompt reply. I'm looking forward to the OSXFUSE 2.4.1.

Thank so much.

Benjamin Fleischer

May 30, 2012, 7:12:09 AM5/30/12
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Please try the following build an let me know it fixes the issue:

Regards,
Benjamin

Hlaing Min

May 30, 2012, 9:22:27 PM5/30/12
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you very much for the fix. I tested it by doing the same operations and the bug is no longer there! The issue has been fixed with the new build.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hlaing Min