Osxfuse 2.8.2

Nuno Santos Lopes

Nov 20, 2015, 12:38:13 PM11/20/15
to OSXFUSE

Hi guys,

I'm using OSXFUSE to read CODEX cards,

i updated to 2.8.2 but it seems much more slower than 2.8.1....

i came back to 2.8.1 again...

anyone experiencing the same?

cheers.

n.

Benjamin Fleischer

Nov 20, 2015, 12:52:35 PM11/20/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Between 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 there have been only minor code changes that should have no impact on performance. Can you reproduce the issue with other FUSE file systems, too?

Regards,
Benjamin

Nuno Santos Lopes

Nov 20, 2015, 1:24:36 PM11/20/15
to OSXFUSE
no,
i only use osxfuse when i am using codex card readers....

but since i downgraded to 2.8.1 it's much more fast....

300 gigs this morning took me 35 mins to copy,

200 gigs took me 13 mins to copy since i downgraded...

do the math...

Benjamin Fleischer

Nov 20, 2015, 1:45:32 PM11/20/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
How does it compare to version 2.8.0? Are you seeing any differences in speed?

I do not know about codex cards but usually it takes significantly longer to copy many small files than it takes to copy fewer big files. Did you copy the same set of files with version 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 to compare the results?

Nuno Santos Lopes

Nov 20, 2015, 1:50:24 PM11/20/15
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
it was some time ago....but when i updated from 2.8.0. to 2.8.1 i did not notest big changes....
everything continued to work properly...with good speeds...
totally different when i updated to 2.8.2 i felt it right away, slower speed...

no, i did not copy the same files with both versions, i'm in a middle of a job so i can't loose time doing experiments...

but i can do it when i finish this job, i can do that test....