Getting 'Resource busy' when attempting unmount on HighSierra

mixtly

Oct 6, 2017, 6:49:13 AM10/6/17
to OSXFUSE
When user wants to quite the app, unmount method is invoked on GMUserFileSystem. On High Sierra, it often fails with message:

Resource busy -- try 'diskutil unmount'

in Terminal.app, same message is shown when trying
$ umount MountFolder/

but if I try
$ umount -f MountFolder/

then it unmounts successfully. Is anyone experiencing similar issue? Should I invoke the system command 'umount -f' to accomplish what I want? Is there any rule-of-thumb tear down protocol for FUSE apps?

Sam Moffatt

Oct 7, 2017, 12:16:24 AM10/7/17
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you use 'diskutil unmount MountFolder/' ?

--
Sam Moffatt

Note: I'm not at my desk, responses may be delayed. Apologies for the typos, smartphones aren't all that smart.

mixtly

Oct 9, 2017, 2:40:49 AM10/9/17
to OSXFUSE
I get the same resource busy message.

I tried to track all file descriptors and before unmounting to close the leftover open file descriptors, but that didn't help either.

Currently, I'm forcing unmount with unmount(path.UTF8String, MNT_FORCE) which seems to work OK for now.