Use SSHFS without admin rights

Kenny Parsons

Apr 7, 2016, 4:26:21 PM4/7/16
to OSXFUSE
So let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish:

I want to be able to mount shares that I have set up on a local mac server. I'm choosing to use SSHFS because the standard afp and bonjour smb connections on mac have issues with a common Photoshop bug.

So I started simple:  Installed OSXFUSE and SSHFS. In terminal, I ran the following:

sudo sshfs -o allow_other,defer_permissions ke...@10.0.1.2:/ ~/MountSSHFS

It requires admin access to execute and the account password for the ssh account. So far, it works well. Mounts with no errors and the bug I had in photoshop no longer occurs. Great. Here's the catch: I am going to be installing this as a script on our users in the office (so they can avoid the photoshop bug as well). But they do not have admin rights for file server purposes.

How can I set up SSHFS for the others in the office where they do not need admin rights to use sshfs?

Thanks,

Kenny Parsons

bigbro

Apr 8, 2016, 3:28:18 AM4/8/16
to osxfus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Do you need the allow_others option? I believe this is why it requires root.

Best regards,
-->Gar

Gareth 'bigbro' Eason

Kenny Parsons

Apr 8, 2016, 8:45:59 AM4/8/16
to OSXFUSE
That did it! I was following a tutorial online and never even thought to consider the -o perameters the OP put in his example.

Thank you!