Selecting multiple, discreet weekdays

ste...@uw.edu

Nov 18, 2016, 12:27:57 PM11/18/16
to ossec-list
Is it possible to select multiple, discreet days using the weekday function?

I can get the rule to run if I select a single day and it looks like I should be able to specify weekends or weekdays.  What I would like to do is to specify certain days, in this case Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I tried using the pipe to "or" them together (Sunday|Monday|etc.,) but that gives me "OSSEC analysisd: Testing rules failed. Configuration error. Exiting." when I restart.

Is there a way to do this with a single <weekday> specification or will I have to write a composite rule?

Natassia

Daniel Cid

Nov 18, 2016, 12:42:55 PM11/18/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
It should work with spaces or commas:

<weekday>monday, tuesday, friday</weekday>

thanks,

--

---

Natassia S