syslog facility when sending to remote syslog server?

Joel

Jan 13, 2017, 10:44:46 AM1/13/17
to ossec-list
Hi all,

I've been using osssec for a while now and I really like it.

I'm now trying to integrate ossec with a monitoring application.  I'd like to have ossec send Alerts to a remote host via syslog.

I have it all working, with one exception.  It looks like ossec forwards ALL events as local0.warning.

is this configurable?  is there a way to change it?

what I'd really love is a way to set an Alert level to a specific facility / severity so that the monitoring system can handle different events differently without having to do much parsing of the message contents.

Does anyone have any tips or pointers?

thanks!

dan (ddp)

Jan 13, 2017, 10:50:19 AM1/13/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
There's no configuration to change that, you'll have to modify the source code.

> thanks!

> --
>
> ---

Joel

Jan 13, 2017, 11:40:10 AM1/13/17
to ossec-list
Thanks Dan

dan (ddp)

Jan 13, 2017, 1:04:32 PM1/13/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Joel <jbr...@oddelement.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dan

Sorry I didn't have better news.
If you want to open an issue on the github
(https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids), we can keep it in mind when we
find time to work on features.
I think having more options might be useful (and the defaults can
always be re-evaluated).