ossec-logcollector - [(9)-(Bad file descriptor)]. Cant get my ossec agent to monitor my logs.

Patrik Lindh

Apr 20, 2018, 10:34:33 AM4/20/18
to ossec-list
Hello!
I've installed Ossec windoiws agent on a server 2008r2 and want to monitor logs residing in:C:\ProgramData\GlobalSCAPE\EFT Server Enterprise/Logs

But when i start the agent i get the following error: 2018/04/20 14:54:42 ossec-logcollector(1103): ERROR: Could not open file 'C:\ProgramData\GlobalSCAPE\EFT Server Enterprise/Logs' due to [(9)-(Bad file descriptor)].

Any idea why?

The folder contains about 150 logs (5 new a day and kept in 30days)

//P

Patrik Lindh

Apr 20, 2018, 10:34:33 AM4/20/18
to ossec-list
What I want to accomplish is to monitor the logs so that nobody changes them and if someone do I want OSSEC to report it.

//P