how to keep up to date with rootkit_files and trojans .txt

Chris Young

Jun 22, 2016, 8:34:21 AM6/22/16
to ossec-list
Hi,

we are just considering implementing OSSEC and one of the requirements is for up to date rootkit checking.

I can't seem to work out where to get the latest, if it is maintained files from, ie rootkit_files.txt and rootkit_trojans.txt

One of the starting points to look at OSSEC was to have a centralised version of rkhunter, which every time it runs looks for updates.

any guidance please?

many thanks, Chris

dan (ddp)

Jun 22, 2016, 8:36:57 AM6/22/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
If someone updates the files and submits their changes, you can find
them in the github repository: https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids

> many thanks, Chris
>
> --
>
> ---

Chris Young

Jun 22, 2016, 11:20:49 AM6/22/16
to ossec-list
ok thanks, do you happen to have an idea as to how often this happens?

dan (ddp)

Jun 22, 2016, 11:38:28 AM6/22/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Chris Young <chris.y...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok thanks, do you happen to have an idea as to how often this happens?

Not often.
https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids/commits/master/src/rootcheck/db/rootkit_files.txt
https://github.com/ossec/ossec-hids/commits/master/src/rootcheck/db/rootkit_trojans.txt

Chris Young

Jun 22, 2016, 11:46:41 AM6/22/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
thanks for taking the time to point out how I can help myself going forwards and the answer.

regards, Chris

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ossec-list" group.