Is it possible to trigger an active response on a rule with a severity level of 0?

Rob Williams

Apr 12, 2017, 1:40:07 PM4/12/17
to ossec-list
Essentially, I want to trigger an active response for a rule that I created that has a severity level of 0. I created this rule because I did not want to be alerted on the default rule and only wanted to be alerted based on the output from my active response. My question is if I have the severity level of 0, will it just be completely ignored without the active response even triggering? I ask because I'm having trouble setting it up properly and want to rule out if this is the cause. Thank you for your help in advance.

dan (ddp)

Apr 13, 2017, 6:05:08 PM4/13/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
I think it will be ignored, but I've never tried it. You could try
bumping the level to 1 to see if that fixes the issue.

> --
>
> ---

Jesus Linares

Apr 17, 2017, 4:08:52 AM4/17/17
to ossec-list
Hi Rob,

I'm not sure, but you can increase the level to 1 and:

set the attribute noalert:

<rule id="?" level="1" noalert="1">

or use the options no_log:

<options>no_log</options>