accept license automatically

Jeff Dyke

Sep 6, 2017, 2:19:41 PM9/6/17
to ossec-list
Hi, i asked a question earlier about the debconf-set-selections, which i have all of them now both for client and manager/server.  I have also managed to extract the info i need from the gpg keys and other sources to automatically add the repo.

One of the bits i have remaining to install a client/server through a config mgmt system, is to accept the license during the installation.  This does not seem to be set in debconf-get-selections, can it be set in a file somewhere?  I use https://saltstack.com for automation.

It's not the end of the world if i can't do this, but bringing on new machines would require no intervention if this step could be automated.  I'm using the latest ossec from the atomic ppa: http://ppa.launchpad.net/oisf/suricata-stable/ubuntu

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Dyke

Sep 6, 2017, 5:31:04 PM9/6/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
ok, i should have held off, if you install the key and apt source, run apt update and apt install ossec-hids-[agent|server], then there is no prompt.
caveats:
1) Run debconf-set-selection first properly for the manage and agent
2) becareful of spacing, it does not seem like they are properly trimmed as there are spaces in the xml tags, i.e. <server-ip> 1.1.1.5</server-ip>. will occur if you have a `debconf-set-selections <<< "ossec-hids-agent  ossec-hids-agent/server-ip  string  1.1.1.5"` (note two spaces between string and IP)
-- Client --
I still have to get this into a salt state, but i'm running the following:
wget -q -O - https://www.atomicorp.com/RPM-GPG-KEY.art.txt  | sudo apt-key add -
source /etc/lsb-release
echo "deb https://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/ubuntu $DISTRIB_CODENAME main" | sudo tee -a  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/atomic.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys FFBD5D0A4520AFA9
sudo apt update
sudo debconf-set-selections <<< "ossec-hids-agent  ossec-hids-agent/server-ip  string {{your server}}"
sudo apt install -y ossec-hids-agent

Hope this helps someone else

--

---