How to collect only syscheck and rootcheck logs

vikas

Sep 12, 2017, 12:09:43 AM9/12/17
to ossec-list
Hi All,

I am trying to collect only syscheck and rootcheck logs, and not the eventlogs in windows or any other log files in unix. I see some /var/log file locations declared in ossec.conf for linux that I can comment out, but don't see an option to turn off the log collection for windows. The application, security and system logs are specified in default-ossec.conf on the agent. How can I stop collecting these logs without having to touch each agent?

Thanks,
Vikas.

dan (ddp)

Sep 14, 2017, 9:38:48 AM9/14/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
If you want to turn off the collection of logs on each agent, you'll
have to touch each agent.
I think removing the localfile options should be enough, but I haven't tried it.

> Thanks,
> Vikas.
>
> --
>
> ---

Grant Leonard

Sep 15, 2017, 8:56:29 AM9/15/17
to ossec-list
I turned them OFF this way.

I am assuming you can declare just these options with no logging location and you will have the reverse of my config

  <agent_config name="example_server_name">
    <rootcheck>
      <disabled>yes</disabled>
      <check_winmalware>no</check_winmalware>
      <check_sys>no</check_sys>
    </rootcheck>
    <syscheck>
      <auto_ignore>yes</auto_ignore>
      <alert_new_files>no</alert_new_files>
      <scan_on_start>no</scan_on_start>
      <registry_ignore>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE</registry_ignore>
      <registry_ignore>HKEY_USERS</registry_ignore>
      <registry_ignore>HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG</registry_ignore>
      <registry_ignore>HKEY_CURRENT_USER</registry_ignore>
      <registry_ignore>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT</registry_ignore>
    </syscheck>
  </agent_config>

Grant