list_agents -n output - stale servers

Farnsworth, Robert

Jul 11, 2014, 10:09:35 AM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

I have some stale servers that remain in my list_agents -n output, any way to refresh this list?

The servers have been remove with the manage_agent tool/command, but still remain in the output of list_agents -n

dan (ddp)

Jul 11, 2014, 10:10:54 AM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 11, 2014 10:09 AM, "Farnsworth, Robert" <robert.f...@hp.com> wrote:

> I have some stale servers that remain in my list_agents -n output, any way to refresh this list?
>

> The servers have been remove with the manage_agent tool/command, but still remain in the output of list_agents -n

Remove them from the cliebt.keys file? Update list_agents to ignore removed agents?

> --
>
> ---

Farnsworth, Robert

Jul 11, 2014, 10:18:11 AM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

Remove them from the cliebt.keys file?  They do not exist in this file.

Update list_agents to ignore removed agents?  How do I ignore the removed agents?

dan (ddp)

Jul 11, 2014, 10:23:31 AM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 11, 2014 10:18 AM, "Farnsworth, Robert" <robert.f...@hp.com> wrote:

> Remove them from the cliebt.keys file?  They do not exist in this file.

Ok, there's probably an agent info file somewhere. Maybe in queue? I can't investigate for you right now, but I'll try a little later.

> Update list_agents to ignore removed agents?  How do I ignore the removed agents?

Depends on where that info is getting pulled from. Looking at the code might help.

dan (ddp)

Jul 11, 2014, 12:56:22 PM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2014 10:18 AM, "Farnsworth, Robert" <robert.f...@hp.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Remove them from the cliebt.keys file? They do not exist in this file.
>>

> Ok, there's probably an agent info file somewhere. Maybe in queue? I can't
> investigate for you right now, but I'll try a little later.

Took a minute during lunch: Delete old entries in /var/ossec/queue/agent-info.

dan (ddp)

Jul 11, 2014, 12:59:38 PM7/11/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 11, 2014 10:18 AM, "Farnsworth, Robert" <robert.f...@hp.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Remove them from the cliebt.keys file? They do not exist in this file.
>>>

>> Ok, there's probably an agent info file somewhere. Maybe in queue? I can't
>> investigate for you right now, but I'll try a little later.
>>

> Took a minute during lunch: Delete old entries in /var/ossec/queue/agent-info.

I opened up issue #244 to possibly interest someone into making this better.