Active response

Nguyễn Văn Hớn

Jul 2, 2014, 2:24:55 PM7/2/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
This is my config acitve response in Agent

  <active-response>
    <disabled>no</disabled>
  </active-response>

  <command>
  <name>restart</name>
  <executable>restart.cmd</executable>
  <expect></expect>
  </command>

  <active-response>
  <command>restart</command>
  <location>all</location>
<level>7</level>
  <rules_id>503002</rules_id>
</active-response>

Rule 503002 is detect new USB. i have write script restart.cmd is restart computer to test. But when i attach usb i have alert new USB but active response not running restart my computer. what is my wrong?

dan (ddp)

Jul 2, 2014, 2:42:45 PM7/2/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Nguyễn Văn Hớn <hon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my config acitve response in Agent
>
> <active-response>
> <disabled>no</disabled>
> </active-response>
>
> <command>
> <name>restart</name>
> <executable>restart.cmd</executable>
> <expect></expect>
> </command>
>
> <active-response>
> <command>restart</command>
> <location>all</location>
> <level>7</level>
> <rules_id>503002</rules_id>
> </active-response>

I believe the above should be defined in the OSSEC manager, not the agent.

> Rule 503002 is detect new USB. i have write script restart.cmd is restart
> computer to test. But when i attach usb i have alert new USB but active
> response not running restart my computer. what is my wrong?
>
> --
>
> ---

Nguyễn Văn Hớn

Jul 2, 2014, 2:59:10 PM7/2/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
thank Dan. but how to config active response in window. i want to run script restart computer when i attach usb in window

Vào 01:24:55 UTC+7 Thứ năm, ngày 03 tháng bảy năm 2014, Nguyễn Văn Hớn đã viết:

dan (ddp)

Jul 2, 2014, 3:01:10 PM7/2/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Nguyễn Văn Hớn <hon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank Dan. but how to config active response in window. i want to run script
> restart computer when i attach usb in window

It should work the same way as running active response scripts on any
other agent.