ERROR: Not compiled. Missing OpenSSL Support

Nick Bruno

Feb 18, 2014, 2:22:22 PM2/18/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am looking to get the ossec-authd to work with the following:

/var/ossec/bin/ossec-authd -p 1515.  I am using the virtual appliance and getting used to OSSEC as a whole.  I would like to enable the automatic key generation but running into this roadblock.  I did install openssl-devel through yum as well as other Development Tools with groupinstall.  Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks
Nick

dan (ddp)

Feb 18, 2014, 2:29:12 PM2/18/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
You'll have to rebuild OSSEC for this.

> Thanks
> Nick
>
> --
>
> ---

Nick Bruno

Feb 19, 2014, 6:59:40 AM2/19/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

How do I do that?

dan (ddp)

Feb 19, 2014, 7:02:16 AM2/19/14
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 19, 2014 7:00 AM, "Nick Bruno" <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> How do I do that?

Download, unzip, and untar the source. Run install.sh. follow the prompts.