multiple ip brute force Wordpress attack

Martin West

Feb 23, 2018, 8:36:57 AM2/23/18
to ossec-list
Hi, I run a minor website http://socct.org, unfortunately the acronym coincides with https://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/SOCCT_(military).  For the last two days the site is taking a multiple site brute force attacks. Apart from changing our name, any suggestions?  I have added an extension rule to rule 31510 so that if I get multiple 31510 alerts in short period from the same ip I block for longer which stopped getting alerts every ten minutes.

Thanks

Brent Morris

Mar 7, 2018, 4:30:02 PM3/7/18
to ossec-list
Can you lock down your wp-admin folder using an .htaccess file or your hosting provider's control panel?