2.8.2 and WUI in ossec channel repositories?

James Le Cuirot

Jul 10, 2015, 10:53:48 AM7/10/15
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First of all, thanks for making RPMs and DEBs available, this is very
helpful. I would like to get the ossec Chef cookbook using these rather
than installing from source but 2.8.2 is missing from the ossec
channel. For instance:

http://www5.atomicorp.com/channels/ossec/centos/7/x86_64/RPMS/

I would rather use this channel than the "atomic" one because users of
the cookbook would not want all these additional packages served from
an alternative repository.

The WUI RPMs are also missing from the ossec channel but present in the
atomic channel and they are missing entirely for CentOS 7.

I'll make a start on the cookbook anyway but some action here would
ensure that the result is usable.

Regards,
James

James Le Cuirot

Jul 10, 2015, 10:58:08 AM7/10/15
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, 10 July 2015 15:53:48 UTC+1, James Le Cuirot wrote:
First of all, thanks for making RPMs and DEBs available, this is very
helpful. I would like to get the ossec Chef cookbook using these rather
than installing from source but 2.8.2 is missing from the ossec
channel.

The WUI RPMs are also missing from the ossec channel but present in the
atomic channel and they are missing entirely for CentOS 7.

Forgot to mention Debian, this needs some 2.8.2 and WUI love as well. :)

Santiago Bassett

Jul 12, 2015, 7:19:22 PM7/12/15
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

just released new Debian and Ubuntu packages version 2.8.2 with several fixes. You can find them here:

I've tested them several times myself, but if you find any issue or problem please report and I'll fix those.

Thank you

--

---

James Le Cuirot

Jul 16, 2015, 6:36:17 AM7/16/15
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, 13 July 2015 00:19:22 UTC+1, Santiago Bassett wrote:
just released new Debian and Ubuntu packages version 2.8.2 with several fixes.

Thanks Santiago. I will ensure the cookbook works with Debian and hopefully Ubuntu but from my own perspective, it is probably CentOS that I am interested in.  Perhaps you're not responsible for those?

Santiago Bassett

Jul 25, 2015, 7:09:34 PM7/25/15
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

I didn't have time last week to work on this. Will let you know as soon as those are ready. The rpms are maintained by Atomicorp.

Best

James Le Cuirot

Jul 27, 2015, 5:12:32 AM7/27/15
to ossec-list, santiago...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 26 July 2015 00:09:34 UTC+1, Santiago Bassett wrote:
Hi James,

I didn't have time last week to work on this. Will let you know as soon as those are ready. The rpms are maintained by Atomicorp.

Best

No problem, I've put this aside for the moment but will come back to it in a little while. Perhaps I'll need to contact Atomicorp directly though I would have thought they'd be watching this list.