Monitor Particular Folder On Windows Agent

Akash Munjal

Jul 19, 2017, 11:46:58 AM7/19/17
to ossec-list
Hi All,

Can I monitor a particular folder on desktop of my windows agent.

If yes then how it can be done. Also I want to monitor a particular drive(:C).

thanks...

dan (ddp)

Jul 19, 2017, 5:49:57 PM7/19/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Define "monitor." Do you mean syscheck monitoring? If so, add a
directories entry for it.
If you mean something else, please specify.

> thanks...
>
> --
>
> ---

Akash Munjal

Jul 20, 2017, 2:04:31 AM7/20/17
to ossec-list
Hi Dan,

If i add or delete file in a particular folder on windows agent desktop.
I want to see their addition or deletion log on server/manager side.

dan (ddp)

Jul 20, 2017, 7:41:28 PM7/20/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
If the directory is monitored by OSSEC (as defined with the
<directories> options in the ossec.conf), you should get notifications
for deletions. Notifications for added files requires a few changes
(mostly raising the level of the file added signature).