logrotate issue

Hugo Deprez

Jun 13, 2016, 7:59:39 AM6/13/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

since I upgraded to the last debian package available in the repository, I'm getting errors from my servers.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: ossec-hids:13 error verifying olddir path /var/ossec/logs/archives/: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
error: found error in file ossec-hids, skipping

It seems that /var/ossec/logs/archives/ is not existing anymore.
So I think /etc/logrotate.d/ossec-hids should be changed or the package should create the archives folder.

Am I the only one having this issue ?

Regards,

Hugo

dan (ddp)

Jun 15, 2016, 7:27:18 AM6/15/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Hugo Deprez <hugo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I upgraded to the last debian package available in the repository, I'm
> getting errors from my servers.
>
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> error: ossec-hids:13 error verifying olddir path /var/ossec/logs/archives/:
> Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
> error: found error in file ossec-hids, skipping
>
> It seems that /var/ossec/logs/archives/ is not existing anymore.
> So I think /etc/logrotate.d/ossec-hids should be changed or the package
> should create the archives folder.

If this is a debian package issue, I think you'll have to bring it up
with the Wazuh devs.
OSSEC doesn't really offer a package of the baseline source.

> Am I the only one having this issue ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hugo
>
> --
>
> ---

Régis Houssin

Jun 16, 2016, 4:39:57 AM6/16/16
to ossec-list
Hello

I have the same problem but only on clients

Regards

Régis