OSSEC Reporting - Can someone help?

joe lee

May 9, 2017, 11:00:47 AM5/9/17
to ossec-list
Greetings,

I am contacting you because I utilize your product and I am trying to find the best way to get some detail reporting and was wondering if someone can assist. I am trying to do two things and if you can provide the commands or instructions on how to, it would be appreciated.

1. I trying to do a dump of logs for the last seven days into a CSV/Excel file; is there any way yo do this because I have not found documentation from the OSSEC site on how to?

2. I am trying to obtain a report that gives me the TOP 10 files or file types that have been changed according to the logs. Maybe if we can get the excel spreadsheet, then we can possibly set filters to obtain this information.

Can someone please confirm if this information can be gathered and how?

Thank you kindly,

tehknowledge

May 9, 2017, 11:48:37 PM5/9/17
to ossec-list
Is the dump of logs something you want OSSEC to do, or is it just something you want to do on the server? Is this a Linux server?