Ossec agent installation issue on AIX Server's

Sardar Salim Shaikh

Jan 29, 2018, 10:23:22 AM1/29/18
to ossec-list
Hello All,

I'm facing some issues installing the ossec agent on the AIX Server 6.3 and 7.1, I'm getting below error's while installation, Please find the attached screenshots of error's.

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sardar Shaikh

Ossec Error 1.png
Ossec Error 2.png
Ossec Error 3.png

Eero Volotinen

Jan 29, 2018, 2:35:11 PM1/29/18
to ossec-list
Well, are you using gcc on aix? what is output of cc --version and gcc --version

Eero

--

---

Sardar Salim Shaikh

Feb 12, 2018, 4:12:47 AM2/12/18
to ossec-list
Hi Eero,

Thanks for your reply !!!

The gcc version on AIX 6.1 is : gcc-4.8.3-1

Please help me with this issue, I'm stuck at this.

Thanks and best Regards,
Sardar S.

Eero Volotinen

Feb 12, 2018, 4:16:56 AM2/12/18
to ossec-list
Well. I don't have access to AIX system, so I cannot fix or help with issue.

Eero

dan (ddp)

Feb 15, 2018, 7:09:26 AM2/15/18
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
My best guess (also not having access to AIX) is that the script is
picking up the wrong compiler and maybe make.
> --
>
> ---

Sardar Salim Shaikh

Feb 16, 2018, 6:15:29 AM2/16/18
to ossec-list
Hi dan,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you please tell me how I can check which compiler is used by make or AIX server ???

Actually I don't know much about the AIX Server's.

Thanks and Best regards,
Sardar S.

bra...@wazuh.com

Feb 16, 2018, 1:47:24 PM2/16/18
to ossec-list

Hi Sardar,

to build AIX packages, I use several versions to test that everything works fine and the installation works, so, when I saw your questions I tried to compile ossec-hids 2.7.1 and it works for me in AIX 6.1. The gcc version that I use is gcc 4.8.2 and gmake 4.2.1.

You can find these packages in http://www.oss4aix.org/download/RPMS/.

Also, to check which gcc is your AIX system using, you can run the following command.

which gcc

It will tell you the path of the gcc that your system is using. In my case, I get this:

# which gcc
/opt/freeware/bin/gcc

# which gmake
/opt/freeware/bin/gmake

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Braulio.

dan (ddp)

Feb 18, 2018, 5:20:08 PM2/18/18
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 6:15 AM, Sardar Salim Shaikh
<email...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi dan,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Can you please tell me how I can check which compiler is used by make or AIX
> server ???
>
> Actually I don't know much about the AIX Server's.

Neither do I. It looks like AIX's path is set to:
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/vac/bin
in the Makefile. But you should be able to set the environment
variable "CC" to the path to your compiler.