compiled 2.9.1 hids doens't seem to work

John Wojda

Jul 20, 2017, 12:50:56 PM7/20/17
to ossec-list
I'm trying to setup ossec hids for deployment to the macOS environment.
I went through the documentation (from 2.8.1) to modify the /etc/preloaded-vars.conf file (removed .example extension)
then ran from /src make TARGET=agent

it says it compiled and was done, so I continued to tar the folder and copy to a test machine, which it ran the install.sh file, but the output is that it can't find a compiler.  I thought the point of compiling the installer was so I didn't need to deploy a compiler to each system.

dan (ddp)

Jul 20, 2017, 12:52:04 PM7/20/17
to ossec...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 20, 2017 12:50 PM, "John Wojda" <wojda...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to setup ossec hids for deployment to the macOS environment.
I went through the documentation (from 2.8.1) to modify the /etc/preloaded-vars.conf file (removed .example extension)
then ran from /src make TARGET=agent

2.9 is different than 2.8. Not sure how it works yet, I haven't had the time or need.

--

---