Not receiving mysql alerts from /var/log/mysql/error.log on the server

temp.em...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 4:44:33 PM2/23/18
to ossec-list
Everything seems to be working well, and I have followed all of the instructions in the following link for ossec to decode mysql logs and alert on rules. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ossec-list/u4uXvPnGhQ4

I am a little perplexed because everything else seems to be working. Troubleshooting: I am trying to login to the mysql-server with an invalid username or password. The error message should read "Access denied for user".
1. I see these lines in /var/log/mysql/error.log
2. I have enabled debugging level 2 and see that the agent is collecting logs for /var/logs/mysql/error.log
3. On the server, I have included the rules file mysql_rules
4. On the agent in agent.conf, I have included the lines:
     <localfile>
        <log_format>mysql_log</log_format>
        <location>/var/log/mysql/error.log</location>
     </localfile>
5. I have restarted both server and agent multiple times
6. I receive real time monitoring alerts on file changes and sudo open/closed sessions
7. I receive alerts from the default setup about failed ssh access attempts but not mysql
8. It's strange I get some alerts about sudo access (level 3) and ssh access attempts (level 5) but not file changes (I guess this is separate unless there is a delay for mysql rules I'm not aware of).

Did I miss something to enable mysql alerts?