Common directories to scan

Carlos Islas

Mar 2, 2018, 2:01:11 PM3/2/18
to ossec-list
Hello,

Firstly, im sorry for my bad english. I want to know, based on your experience, which directories are the most common to realize a syscheck on Windows or Linux devices?

Thank you to all of you for your attention.

Regards!

Carlos Islas

Mar 12, 2018, 3:09:40 PM3/12/18
to ossec-list
Does anyone have any recommendations?

=(

Regards...

dan (ddp)

Mar 14, 2018, 5:23:32 PM3/14/18
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Carlos Islas <sparks....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Firstly, im sorry for my bad english. I want to know, based on your
> experience, which directories are the most common to realize a syscheck on
> Windows or Linux devices?

/etc, /bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin, /usr/bin
Directories with static data. bin directories for web applications

I like to monitor /var/ossec/bin and /var/ossec/etc

> Thank you to all of you for your attention.
>
> Regards!
>
> --
>
> ---

Carlos Islas

Mar 14, 2018, 5:25:23 PM3/14/18
to ossec-list
Hi dan

Thank you for your suggestion. And whats do you think for Windows paths?

Regards

dan (ddp)

Mar 14, 2018, 6:21:38 PM3/14/18
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Carlos Islas <sparks....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi dan
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. And whats do you think for Windows paths?

Sorry, I don't do much with Windows. I'd assume it's the same type of
thing though. Binary paths, and static data.

Carlos Islas

Apr 11, 2018, 4:43:49 PM4/11/18
to ossec-list
Thanks dan