What does Courier Fetch x of xxx shards failed mean?

namobud...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 1:26:30 PM2/3/16
to ossec-list
Hello Group,

I'm wondering what the following error indicates and means:
What does Courier Fetch x of xxx shards failed mean?

Thanks so much!

Santiago Bassett

Feb 3, 2016, 1:47:35 PM2/3/16
to ossec...@googlegroups.com
Elasticsearch search queue size? https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/3221

--

---

Pedro S

Feb 3, 2016, 2:51:51 PM2/3/16
to ossec-list
Hi,

When are you getting this error exactly? when opening a dashboard? at "Discover" tab?

It is a very generic error, there are different approaches to solve this:
- What specs have your machine?
- Are you creating a daily index? how many index have your cluster now?
- How many shards per index?
- Are you using a lot of wildcards (*)?

The point is Elasticsearch can't handle the request on time, one solution is edit your elasticsearch.yml and change the following parameters:
threadpool.search.type: fixed
threadpool.search.size: 20
threadpool.search.queue_size: 10000

BE AWARE! Increasing queue_size will create so many threads on your machine, the best solution is try to find what is causing the error and not just increase queue_size, or if you prefer, use a browser debuger and inspect HTTP error responses from Elastic, you will see something like: "EsRejectedExecutionException[rejected execution (queue capacity 1000) on org.elasticsearch.search.action...", try to adjust queue_size as low as possible.

Shri Harsha

Feb 20, 2019, 6:53:21 AM2/20/19
to ossec-list
I am getting this error when opening dashbord.

- My Specs are 8 vCPU's, 32GiB RAM
- I am creating monthly indexes. Currently I have 257 indexes.
-Each Index has 5 primary shards.
- As per Wildcards I am not sure what you are talking about?