[BUG] maxspeed:forward=* and maxspeed:backward=* are ignored

AKorolyov

Feb 17, 2015, 4:15:07 PM2/17/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  Mentioned keys (subj) are ignored (never worked in v.1.x, till the latest nighly build 2.0.0#9736M).
  If needed for testing/simulation, I can provide coordinates of roads where those keys are.

  Here's the article that describes mentioned keys:    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed:
>" Driving direction.  Where different speed limits are specified for each driving direction those can be specified using maxspeed:forward=* resp. maxspeed:backward=*, whereas forward applies to the speed limit for the same direction as the OSM way and backward to the speed limit for the opposite direction. "

  T&R,
  Andrey

Aceman444

Feb 18, 2015, 7:35:37 AM2/18/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I think the developers know that this isn't supported yet. Hopefully they plan working on it.

Dňa utorok, 17. februára 2015 22:15:07 UTC+1 AKorolyov napísal(-a):

Stephan75

Feb 18, 2015, 2:03:59 PM2/18/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης

Feb 25, 2015, 12:50:46 AM2/25/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I think it is an important feature, a lot of roads can not show speed limits without direction.. I hope it will be added soon.

Osmandtrier

Feb 25, 2015, 2:59:48 AM2/25/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
This link seems to mean, the devs not interested in this topic. No answer, status "notnow" and closed "Sep 2013"

Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης

Feb 25, 2015, 3:36:34 AM2/25/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
You are right.. But why is it closed and why they consider it as not important? In small 2-lanes roads with 2 directions maxspeed:forward=* and maxspeed:backward=* are used very often. All these streets will be without speed limits in Osmand.

Is there any workaround?

Osmandtrier

Feb 25, 2015, 3:42:24 AM2/25/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Do not ask me. Discuss with the developers. I wish you a lot of fun. e.g.

Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης

Feb 27, 2015, 12:28:11 PM2/27/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
The developers reopened this issue! :-)

Χάρης Καραχριστιανίδης

Mar 31, 2019, 1:18:29 AM3/31/19
to Osmand
Does Osmand support lanes:forward, lanes:backward, maxspeed:forward and maxspeed:backward now?

Paul Johnson

Mar 31, 2019, 1:23:43 AM3/31/19
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It appears to do so, yes.