Disable Re-Routing?

karl deutz

Feb 10, 2015, 5:49:22 PM2/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
While navigating along a gpx-track and leaving the route, the automatic re-routing just navigates the shortest way to the destination, there is no binding to the gpx-track anymore. So, is there a way to disable this feature?

Osmandtrier

Feb 12, 2015, 2:48:57 AM2/12/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
In my experience this is not the normal behaviour. Perhaps deinstall and reinstall the app. If you are using two version of osmand uninstall the second one.

karl deutz

Feb 16, 2015, 7:09:10 PM2/16/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I tried several things this weekend and figured out, that OsmAnd does the re-routing after leaving the track as follows:
  • First thing is: It tries to bring you back exactly to the point you have left the track. This is what I suspect as being normal. (Nevertheless, this sometimes is not, what I need.)
  • Second thing is: It follows the rest of the track, if you find back to it at a different point, ignoring the skipped part of it. This also is what I suspect as being normal (and what I need most of the time).
  • But: If you are (straight line) closer to the destination than to the point, you left the track, it brings you directly to the destination, ignoring the track. This is quite annoying when you are doing a round trip and leave the track after a short time: OsmAnd then brings you just back to the starting point (=destination).

Something else I have noticed: While following a track via a path that is not in OSM and leaving the track at this "unknown" part, OsmAnd tried to bring me back to the point, I left it (see "first thing" above). Which actually was impossible, because there was no known path to this point. So OsmAnd remained in an endless re-routing loop, even after I reached the track again.

For me, the best thing to deal with all this, would be a switch to disable automatic re-routing.