Logging services and sleep mode icon disappeared

mircozorzo

Jul 14, 2014, 6:57:27 PM7/14/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the icon was in the status bar of the app, from version ~6500D.
I like it and think it's very usefull.

mircozorzo

Jul 14, 2014, 7:02:31 PM7/14/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I mean this.

Bye, Mirco
2014.07.13-18.47.44.jpeg

Sebastian Spaeth

Jul 16, 2014, 1:49:12 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked that the logging plugin is still enabled. Is the
 logging service item still available in the "configure screen" thingy?

Sebastian

mircozorzo

Jul 16, 2014, 3:19:07 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, loggin services are enabled but does not view any icon in the configure screen.
Version now is 6560D.

Esame behavior on two different device (4.2 and 2.3.6)

Mirco
2014.07.16-08.52.16.jpeg
2014.07.16-08.55.07.jpeg

mircozorzo

Jul 16, 2014, 3:23:18 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Logging services was just between "Compass" band "Loco screen" in "configure screen".

mircozorzo

Jul 16, 2014, 3:25:59 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Excuse me
Logging services was just between "Compass" and "Lock screen" in "configure screen".

Max

Jul 16, 2014, 6:02:02 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Options have been moved to the widgets (GPX and sat info) in latest night build.
But I'm not sure if they will stay there.

Regards,
Max

Brian Dunham

Jul 16, 2014, 8:26:00 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
HI Max.  Can you elaborate a bit on that.  Where do we find the widgets (GPX and sat info) menu?  Thanks, and much appreciated.

Max

Jul 16, 2014, 8:47:43 AM7/16/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
If you have a look at the first screenshot in this thread (2014.07.13-18.47.44.jpeg), you can find the "sat info" (GPS info) widget in the upper right corner, where the "0/0" is displayed.

To enable "GPS info" or "GPX recording" widgets, go to "Configure screen" (2014.07.16-08.55.07.jpeg) and look at the "Right panel:" section.

Regards,
Max

RogerE

Jul 18, 2014, 1:01:27 PM7/18/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
The "Logging services" icon had more options than the "GPX recording" panel vidget and thus much more useful - most importantly it could turn on/ff "sleep mode" which is essential when logging a continuous track. The vidget also takes up a lot more screen area than the status bar icon. This was one of the icons I always kept on the status bar and I think it is a bad move to drop it.

Regards,
Roger

mircozorzo

Jul 19, 2014, 2:53:28 AM7/19/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
So do I. I feel that I missed something.

Jens Jensen

Jul 19, 2014, 2:05:46 PM7/19/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I'm missing "save track now..." mostly on the upper left for finishing a specific track. However all functions are still available under settings. But earlier it was more comfortable.

Jens Jensen

Jul 20, 2014, 2:12:57 PM7/20/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
 I have to correct myself. When pressing "GPX" record button you can select between "save track now" and "record". When choosing "record" you will be asked for interval.
When stopping GPX record you can choose between "stop GPX record", "Start new segment" and again "save track now".
So everything is present except only starting background service. However this is still available in settings. This could be reviewed to be inserted into the display settings for those who like it (I've used it sometimes to keep the GPS receiver on under bad receiving conditions).

I feel the actual implementation is more intuitive as earlier. By the way - when searching for the recorded file: it's now to be found in /tracks/rec/ subfolder

mircozorzo

Jul 22, 2014, 6:01:31 PM7/22/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks a lot.

Mirco

Osmandtrier

Jul 23, 2014, 3:27:17 AM7/23/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Auf Englisch ist mir das jetzt zu kompliziert. Bei der alten Methode war es möglich, dass der GPS Chip permanent abgefragt wurde, ohne dass ein Track geschrieben wurde oder die Navigation läuft. Dies hatte den Vorteil, wenn man das Gerät eingeschaltet hat, sofort wusste wo man ist. Das ist praktisch, wenn man auf der Karte eingezeichneten Wander- oder Radwegen folgt. Jetzt muss man mittracken  oder eine Navigation mitlaufen haben. Kostet beides Strom.

Max

Jul 23, 2014, 6:04:06 AM7/23/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Das ist immer noch möglich.
Die Funktion befindet sich jetzt im "GPS-Info" Widget.

Vorher fand ich es besser, jetzt ist alles hinter Widgets versteckt.
Nur wenn diese eingeblendet sind kann man die Einstellungen aufrufen, das verschwendet unnötig Platz.

Osmandtrier

Jul 23, 2014, 7:35:27 AM7/23/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2014 12:04:06 UTC+2 schrieb Max:
Das ist immer noch möglich.
Die Funktion befindet sich jetzt im "GPS-Info" Widget.

Also wenn Du die Fläche rechts oben meinst, bei der die Anzahl der gefixten Satelliten und sichtbaren Satelliten angezeigt wird. da tut sich bei Osmand+ 1.8.2 nichts.

RogerE

Jul 23, 2014, 1:25:19 PM7/23/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Even if "Sleep mode" is added to the GPS Viget it will still take up valuable screen area if not needed for other reasons.

Why remove a perfectly working icon? It must have been more work removing it then to just leave it in.

Regards,
Roger

Max

Jul 23, 2014, 3:47:10 PM7/23/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Also wenn Du die Fläche rechts oben meinst, bei der die Anzahl der gefixten Satelliten und sichtbaren Satelliten angezeigt wird. da tut sich bei Osmand+ 1.8.2 nichts.

Genau dort.
Dann wurde das wahrscheinlich erst nach dem 1.8.2 Release hinzugefügt.