Elevation contour lines not shown

Andi

Sep 22, 2012, 9:59:41 AM9/22/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm using Osmand on Android 4.0.4. I manually downloaded the Map for Austria (Austria_europe_2.obf) and it's Elevation contour lines (Austria_europe_srtm_elevation_contour_lines_2.obf).
I moved both files to my phone and the map is shown without problems. However the elevation contour lines do not appear (no matter how far I zoom in).
Do I need to manually enable them? If so, where?

Many thanks in advance.

Sander Deryckere

Sep 22, 2012, 11:25:46 AM9/22/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Yes, you should enable it separately. Go to your map view, and click on the toothwheel icon to define your view. If you scroll down, you should see a line "elevation lines" or something similar, there you can select for what zoon levels it should be shown.

This is the method for the latest market version, if you use an other version and don't find the settings, please mention your version number. The setting also depends on the profile you chooses (as for bicycles, you have other needs than for cars). So switch to the right profile before you enable them.

Regards,
Sander

Andi

Sep 23, 2012, 8:21:27 AM9/23/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.
I'm using osmand Version 0.8.2 beta.
Unfortunatley there is no option for "elevation lines" when I click the toothwheel (see screenshot). The only similar option is named "Altitude", however it doesn't change anything.

Do I need to enable something else?
Screenshot_2012-09-23-14-12-05.png

rodolfo

Sep 23, 2012, 8:42:59 AM9/23/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
The list is longer than your screenshot shows, so you must scroll down the menu to see that option.

Andi

Sep 23, 2012, 12:09:14 PM9/23/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunatley there is no option either (see screenshot).
Am I missing something?
Screenshot_2012-09-23-18-02-13.png

Sander Deryckere

Sep 24, 2012, 4:54:24 AM9/24/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Oh, sorry, the settings seems to be part of the advanced settings plugin. So you first need to go via settings -> plugins and enable the advanced settings plugin. After that, go to the OsmAnd home screen and close OsmAnd with the cross.

When you start OsmAnd again, you will see the setting we were talking about.

Regards,
Sander

Andi

Sep 24, 2012, 12:06:40 PM9/24/12
to osm...@googlegroups.com
This was the missing setting: Now it works!
Thanks for your help.

simone....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 5:51:58 PM7/2/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, which offline map with elevation lines I have to download for Italy?

simone....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 5:52:50 PM7/2/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Best regards,
Simone.

Hardy

Jul 2, 2013, 6:07:55 PM7/2/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
- In the app, go to "Settings / Data management".
- Tap the download button in the top right corner.
- Select "Regular maps" (this is pre-set), then type "Italy", and either select (under "Europe") the Italy map file which covers the whole country, or select some regions only (NOT BOTH).
- then select "Countoulr lines" in the top of the screen, and download the contour lines for the area you need
- If you want, repeat for "Hilshades"

Best regards,
Hardy

simone....@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2013, 4:17:55 AM7/3/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Thank you for your advices. Unfortunately I can't find the contour lines button. What can I do?
Thanks
Best regards
Simone.

Victor Shcherb

Jul 8, 2013, 8:48:04 AM7/8/13
to osmand
It is not a button, it is a selection list in top of Download Data Screen. Could you take a look at Google Screenshots.
Of  course Contour Lines Plugin should be installed.

Regards,
Victor