Empty Obf File From custom Map

Hernán

Nov 13, 2013, 4:45:30 PM11/13/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!
I have a custom map with polygons in osm or kml format (easily viewable with google earth)
I am trying to generate obf to see in osmand, but OsmAndMapCreator keeps on generating an empty obf. I tried many ways and generated other formats , but I always get an empty obf.
Any Clues?  Are there some Required tags or attributes in the features I am Missing?
I also downloaded the osmandmapcreator source and tried to investigate how it works internally to figure out what I am missing, I am on my way But it takes too much time. Has someone have this same issue and solved?
Help!!!

Max

Nov 13, 2013, 7:02:41 PM11/13/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
OsmAnd MapCreator indexes these tags/values:
https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/blob/master/obf_creation/rendering_types.xml

Example:
If you create a street (for example highway=residential) with JOSM and save it to an OSM file, OsmAnd MapCreator should not create an empty OBF file.

Regards,
Max

Stephan75

Nov 14, 2013, 12:30:28 PM11/14/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, mapcreator is producing a log file, or not? Any information in there?

Alternatively: can you post here a small example file so we can try to reproduce?

Stephan

Ozgur Akya

Jun 9, 2015, 9:56:50 AM6/9/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I am facing the same problem. When I try to convert .pbf to .obf
, it first throws an exception and then I try again with the same .pbf. It says it converted successfully. But the .obf is just 1 kb(empty). The log file is:

SEVERE: Unexpected error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypesEncoder.EntityConverType.SPL?T
at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypesEncoder$EntityConverType.valueOf(MapRenderingTypesEncoder.java:747)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypesEncoder.parseEntityConvertXML(MapRenderingTypesEncoder.java:125)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypes.init(MapRenderingTypes.java:308)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypes.checkIfInitNeeded(MapRenderingTypes.java:81)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRenderingTypesEncoder.getRouteTags(MapRenderingTypesEncoder.java:115)
at net.osmand.osm.MapRoutingTypes.<init>(MapRoutingTypes.java:43)
at net.osmand.data.preparation.IndexRouteCreator.<init>(IndexRouteCreator.java:123)
at net.osmand.data.preparation.IndexCreator.generateIndexes(IndexCreator.java:485)
at net.osmand.swing.OsmExtractionUI$13.run(OsmExtractionUI.java:547)
at net.osmand.swing.ProgressDialog$WorkerThread.run(ProgressDialog.java:87)

Jun 09, 2015 4:55:59 PM net.osmand.swing.ExceptionHandler handle
SEVERE: Exception during operation
[...]

Jun 09, 2015 4:56:10 PM net.osmand.data.preparation.DBDialect getDatabaseConnection
INFO: SQLITE running in native mode
Jun 09, 2015 4:56:10 PM net.osmand.swing.ProgressDialog startTask
FINE: Memory before task exec: 1029177344 free : 847050264