Error reading GPX data

Roger Morris

Sep 21, 2016, 2:23:43 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Hi
Can somebody please tell me what is wrong with the GPX file below that would give the error "Error reading GPX data" when I try to open it with OsmAnd+ on my Nexus 6P?
Thanks

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<gpx version="1.1" creator="OsmAnd+" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

<wpt lat="37.2228598" lon="-1.8071249">
<name>Test7</name>
<extensions>
<color>#b4d00d0d</color>
</extensions>
</wpt>

</gpx>

Test7.gpx

Peter B

Sep 21, 2016, 10:22:30 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
I can open it, Test7 is in andaluse...
Osmand 2.4.#18411
Samsung S5 Neo, Android 5.1.1 (rooted)
Regards Peter

Roger Morris

Sep 21, 2016, 10:45:54 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Thanks Peter B, I have now discovered that if I choose the file from Dropbox OsmAnd will open it but choosing from my file manager results in the error.
Any idea why that might be?

Peter Bozenhardt

Sep 21, 2016, 10:50:14 AM9/21/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com

I suppose it is a problem of rights within the file system. Which android version do you use ?
Peter

Roger Morris

Sep 21, 2016, 10:51:58 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Just upgraded to 7

Peter B

Sep 21, 2016, 10:55:58 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Are the files you want to use on the internal memory or on a (external) micro sd card ?
...and sorry, but I cant help on android 7.
But the above requested info will help other guys...
Peter

Roger Morris

Sep 21, 2016, 10:59:50 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Internal memory, no SD card on Nexus 6P

If you are correct and it is a rights issue, any thoughts on where I would start looking?

Peter B

Sep 21, 2016, 11:01:41 AM9/21/16
to Osmand
Sorry no thoughts on android 7.