[osg-users] Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "*.jpg"

James Adkison ARA/CFD

Nov 18, 2009, 5:56:20 PM11/18/09
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org

This is my first time building OSG and everything went well in Linux but I am having a problem in Windows.

Building: OSG 2.8.2

OS: Windows XP

Compiler: Visual Studio 2005 Professional

The build seems to go through okay and I do have the osgdb_jpeg.dll in the plugins directory but I still get the warning when loading a JPEG texture.  I also built the osgd_png.dll and those textures are loading without any problems.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Robert Osfield

Nov 19, 2009, 4:03:26 AM11/19/09
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi James,

You'll need to use the Win32 3rd party dependencies package, either
using the binaries if you use the same VS version as they were built
with, or to build from scratch. For me details read the
PlatformSpecifics docs on openscenegraph.org:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/VisualStudio

Robert.

Mourad Boufarguine

Nov 19, 2009, 4:07:03 AM11/19/09
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi James,

It is most probably a side-by-side problem. If you are using the precompiled binairies provided here http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/Dependencies , make sure you have installed SP1 for VS2005. These binairies are compiled using VS 2005 SP1. To be sure, you can use the dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to check the side-by-side configuration of osgdb_jpeg.dll.

Mourad

James Adkison

Nov 19, 2009, 9:08:40 AM11/19/09
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Hi Robert, Mourad,

Thanks for the help, it solved the problem. After using the dependency walker I was able to see that I was missing the jpeg62.dll.

Thanks again,
James

Read this topic online here: