Re: mraid.js

Message has been deleted

Nathan Carver

Jun 27, 2012, 9:19:30 AM6/27/12
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

You're right that this group is officially about ORMMA, but since MRAID follows much of the standards started here, there is discussion about both.

One of the differences between the two specifications is that MRAID ads must identify themselves to be MRAID. (ORMMA ads can always assume they are in an ORMMA container and do not need to identify themselves.) The identification method decided on by the IAB working group is to use a script tag with a relative path to mraid.js.

The idea is that if the ad is served to a non-mraid container, then the mraid.js file request would fail silently and not impact that ad display.

If the ad is served into an mraid container, then the container (usually an SDK) is responsible for injecting the mraid JavaScript libraries and returning a valid response to the mraid.js request.

If you are creating an ad, then you don't need the mraid.js file. You can safely ignore the file request error since that won't happen in an MRAID SDK.

If you are developing an MRAID SDK, then you may want to look at the ORMMA source code as a starting point. The ORMMA source separates an interface file "ormma.js" from an implementation file "ormma-bridge.js".

Thanks,
-Nathan

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Nick <flag...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi,

I have been googling about mraid and found very little information about it,

and in this group i have read some post, and found my self abit confused. now i want to ask a few question.

In MRAID i have to add a line  <script src=mraid.js> to be Mraid compliant, where did i get the mraid.js because when i tried on my localhost its state that mraid.js not found.

thanks in advance for the response

Pavel Volobuev

Jun 27, 2012, 9:14:09 AM6/27/12
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
You can download WebTester from SourseCode on ORMMA site, mraid.js included and i attached it here

mraid.js

Nicholas Surya

Jul 4, 2012, 2:56:01 AM7/4/12
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan and Pavel,

thanks both of you for your respons,

I do develop SDK for android, i've tried ormma from the svn its worked,

but the one my client ask is using mraid, so i need to know where to get mraid.js to be injected, also they said something about mraid certificate, is there a certificate for mraid? is it the same with mraid compliance seal? and how to get it?

thanks,

Nick

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Pavel Volobuev <pavel.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
You can download WebTester from SourseCode on ORMMA site, mraid.js included and i attached it here

Best Regards
-- --
Pavel Volobuev

Nathan Carver

Jul 5, 2012, 9:08:05 AM7/5/12
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

You will need to make your own mraid,js, but I would expect it to be very similar to ormma.js.

There is no MRAID certificate, but compliance seals are available. You should contact Joe Laszlo at the IAB (J...@iab.net) for requirements on getting a seal.

Thanks,
-Nathan

Pavel Volobuev

Jul 5, 2012, 9:31:00 AM7/5/12
to ormma-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Please message me here or to pavel.volobuev (at) gmail.com, if you understand how to use mraid with ormma, what should be in mraid.js ! I know, you develop for android, I need it for iOS, but I'm not understand how it works together.

Best Regards
-- --
Pavel Volobuev